Saturday, August 23, 2008

Men's Taekwondo

OK, I've been a bit lax on the Olympics coverage lately... that doesn't mean I haven't been watching. In the last couple of days I've watched basketball (kinda lame), beach volleyball (!), kayaking and canoeing (awesome), diving (terrifying), horse jumping, or "equestrian" (weird), tons of gymnastics (can't get enough), rhythmic gymnastics (got enough quickly), ping pong, or "table tennis" (totally weird), triathlon (cool but seems fixed), and tons of other track & field (jeez! the girls in r.g. can throw batons forty feet in the air and catch them-- what's up with the relay teams?). I missed women's soccer but I'm becoming obsessed with Hope Solo.

Anyway, an angry Cuban kicked a judge in the face in the Taekwondo bronze medal match. The perpetrator may be banned for life from the sport-- the secretary general of the World Taekwondo Federation called the act "an insult to mankind." The guy's leg must be 4 or 5 feet long!

1 comment:

E9 said...

this was my #1 favorite olympic moment.