Saturday, August 9, 2008

Men's Beach Volleyball

I haven't watched much of this before. I guess I'm a little surprised that they're not playing on a beach. Maybe they don't have beaches in China. I mean, the sand looks great, but...

The U.S. is competing against Latvia right now. Wouldn't think we'd have too much of a problem here. The Latvians (Plavins/Samoilovs) are a handsome pair, although they probably have about 32 years of age between 'em. They were caught on camera horsing around on a bench right before the match.

Much hoopla before the Games about allowing the beach volleyball players to compete bare-chested. I was disappointed to learn that this only applied to men, of course. Anyway, I'm not sure the movement will have tremendous support on the merits of the American team-- the towering Phil Dalhausser looks too much like James Carville.

It appears that the U.S. lost the match, although I'm not sure if it's best-of-three or best-of-five. Doesn't look like they're coming back to the sand, so we must've lost. Pretty sure that's condsidered an upset.

No comments: