Monday, July 21, 2008

Me and My Wine

I know absolutely nothing about wine. I don't really like it and almost never drink it.

Not completely sure why I made one of my summer projects the purchase and consumption of a box of wine (that's a lie-- I did it so I could modify and reuse the box for a project at work this September). My other summer project is to get rid of our cable, which I haven't done yet. I might let it ride through the Sox series this weekend...

Anyhow, I went our local liquor store to buy some wine. I'd been fantasizing about the box for days-- a virtually bottomless supply of wine-cooleresque fruity refreshment for the summer. I marched directly to the back corner of the store, and the boxes of wine were exactly where I thought they should be.

Somehow I came home with Burgundy, which is about as refreshing as chilled blood. It's the reason I don't drink wine. But dammit, I plan to drink it all. Who knows, maybe I'll develop a taste for it.

4 comments:

KumoD said...

Is that wine or a promo for that new HBO vampire show?

jcdoe said...

i can only imagine what mrs mazzola's reaction is to that box-o-wine...

jcdoe said...

and in a plastic cup even.

Anonymous said...

try making a sangria, red or white, if you don't dig wine. or as africans do( or queens residents); on the rocks with a double splash of cranberry juice. i don't know, do whatever the hell you want with it!!! i'm just bored!