Saturday, July 26, 2008

Head Huntin'

That was an absolutely terrific game last night-- right??!

Things almost started to feel normai again: Yanks beat Sox in thriller, Sox players and fans complain like little kids, Yanks actually make a good trade... hell, I think I even drank three beers.

The Joba-Youkilis thing is just too funny. I did give Teddy KGB a lot of credit last night (ask my wife!) for showing considerable restraint after being tarred and feathered by Chamberlain. OK, he looked like a 2nd grader who just figured out that life just isn't fair, but K-Y sort of kept it together. I guess after seeing so many brawls in the last 2 days on ESPN, I couldn't believe things stayed civil. That's probably the difference between a 1-0 game and a 10-7 game.

Predictions for this afternoon:
A-Rod homers off Wakefield (guaranteed), Jeter or A-Rod gets plunked by whoever relieves Wakefield (nearly certain), and Kevin Youkilis explodes Scanners-style after being called out at 2nd trying to stretch out a single (it's possible!).

1 comment:

me said...

OK, A-Rod didn't homer, but he was hit (intentionally) by Craig Hansen.
Although his head didn't explode, my sources tell me that Youkilis farted while at first base after his leadoff single in the third inning.