Saturday, March 13, 2010

Bad Puzzle Night

Last night was one of my worst Friday puzzles in recent memory. It went like this:
1) I jinxed myself by sending a totally unnecessary text to my friend at around 10pm, in which I called him a "dumbass" for asking me who introduced the symbol "e" for natural logs. All was downhill from there.
2) I was more than a little stoned, but nowhere near enough to warrant writing HOTTOMATO for "something passed without hesitation." I woke up this morning and fixed it right away, as if I were pulling on my drawers after a questionable hookup.
3) I was nearly passed out at 11pm when my hand filled in the unspeakable solution to 20 down: REDSOXNATION. I tossed the clipboard off the side of the bed (nearly hitting my 5 week-old little girl in the noggin) and went to sleep, utterly disgusted.

No comments: