Friday, January 8, 2010

Random Daddy Bullshit

Stuff I was thinking about tonight:

Is it common for a dad to obsessively eat his child's food while feeding him/her? I do this all the time. I did a search and found "Stalingrad Syndrome," but I think that's more about actual starvation. I mean, I'm really hungry when I feed Jr. his dinner... my job happens to be such that I don't have a spare moment to blow my damn nose, let alone sit down and eat a half-decent lunch.

I can't stop eating his macaroni & cheese, for instance. I regularly threaten him when he loses focus during a meal, "Hey, I'll eat this if you don't! I really will!" and then follow through and eat the rest of his bowl. I also eat his yogurt, cheese bread, and apples before he has a chance to finish. I'm of the belief that you shouldn't feed your child anything you wouldn't eat yourself (that goes for jars of baby food and other potentially nasty shit).

The boy's been on a hot streak with his after-dinner bath for a few months now-- lots of fun. He got these "bath drums" for his birthday (or Xmas?) that kinda rule. They make a wonderfully soothing sound, almost African... they remind me of Bill Bruford's Discipline-era log drum, quite frankly.

Anyway, I had a pretty dope "Biko"-style beat going tonight that had Jr. splishin' and a splashin'. One thing led to another, and I had a nearly perfect mimic of BB's "Sheltering Sky" lick going right there in the tub. Sounded freaking amazing, if I do say so myself. I almost segued into "Discipline" and started daydreaming about getting some guitar licks going when I noticed Jr. had the nozzle of his baby soap dispenser up his nose and was about to squirt gel into his brain. I made a mental note to look up the "Li'l Chapman Stick" on Amazon after bedtime.

No comments: