Thursday, April 2, 2009

What recession?

Big weekend...
I'll be reporting from each of New York's new baseball stadia this weekend: Yanks-Cubs Friday night and Mets-Sox Saturday afternoon.

We've all heard about Saturday's first pitch being thrown out by Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger, who will be competing with our other avian hero "Challenger" for top billing before the game. Early insider reports have either Mike Mussina or David Patterson hurling ceremonial honors on Friday night.

Looks like Dice-K on Saturday. Eeesshh.

2 comments:

Jace said...

Have fun duder! Any game 'in progress' between 3PM and 4PM tomorrow? I'm a sidekick for a new sports radio show, and it's the baseball show: Co-Captain of the Phillies Ball Girls, and the top Phillies Blogger in town are guests. If there was a game during that time, I'd ask the host if she wants a quick live update from a NY ball park; get your take on opening day festivities, broadcast throughout all of Philadelphia, YO!

Robert Smigel said...

A little birdie told me that the ceremonial first pitch on Saturday at Yankee Stadium was going to be thrown out by Triumph the Insult Comic Eagle who, prior to the first pitch, would swoop in from his perch in the bleachers and immediately begin cracking wise:

"Did you see Ronan Tynan's new glasses? He looks like Mario Batali ate Michael Stipe and shat out a drunken love child..."

"I heard Kei Igawa pitched a perfect game in the World Baseball Classic - perfect for me to POOP ON!!"

"Hank Steinbrenner wanted me to flip Carl Pavano the middle talon at the home opener - I told him I couldn't because Carl already promised me if I didn't I could crash his new Porsche and show his supermodel girlfriend what a Cleveland Steamer is..."

"Hey A-Rod - before they repaired your torn labia did they make you shave your vulva?"

"And why did Madonna break up with you? Does she only like to suck Yankee dick in October too?"