Saturday, April 18, 2009

Don't bury me... I'm not dead!

LJ promptly re-established who's the boss around here when he shot up out of bed at 4am this morning. The terrifying sequence of events was like a scene out of The Serpent and the Rainbow ("Doctah Alan..."). Too tired (or zombified) to think rationally, I dragged the boy into bed and tried to settle him down.

I don't think either of us actually slept from 4am to 6am, but I'm not sure we were awake either. I've been told that victims of "the powder" had similar experiences in Haiti... anyway, it made for a rough morning.

Everything's been fine since. Not great, but fine. He mocked my attempts at facillitating a nap, broke my graphing calculator, and then almost created tomorrow's Post headline: "Tot Choked By Own Diaper" (or "Mr. Mom Murder Massacre"). We had fun.

I'll have a report on today's Tribe game later on. Gonna try to catch The In-Laws on PBS tonight, and maybe even Squid and the Whale (even though I've seen it at least four times-- way too many).

No comments: