Sunday, April 6, 2008

Rays 6, Yankees 3


Took the honorable Michael Heaton to the game. Mike’s not a Yankee fan, but he put on a happy face and had a good time. I’m pretty sure the Miller Lites helped a bit.

The beer was definitely the highlight of the game. Jeter, Damon and Cano continued their awful performance, and Pettite was shaky. Shell Duncan kinda stunk too.

I’m pretty sure the guy next to me stole my promotional 2008 Yankee calenedar. I put it down next to my seat for a sec while I said hi to a couple of people, and next thing I know it’s gone. Meanwhile, my neighbor sits smug with two calendars in his lap. I ask him if he saw my calendar, and he shakes his head. Ten minutes later I hear him jawing about how the calendars are already going for $40 on eBay. No proof, but I think he got me. Mike H, ever the gent, scored me another one off the floor of the mens’ room.

Stadium Pizza doesn’t even sell their 3 for $10 beer anymore. At least the beer inside the stadium hasn’t gone up (how could it?). As I said, the beer was the highlight of the game.

No comments: