Sunday, May 17, 2009

Yankees 6, Twins 4

I completely blew off my game entry from two weeks ago-- apologies to the faithful. At that point I'd witnessed two Saturday drubbings for a total of 30 runs allowed, and I didnt' really feel like talking about it. A few quips about how good the Peroni beer was just didn't seem worth writing about.

Yesterday was a little better. I brought my old pal from upstate to the game. He doesn't really like baseball and pretty much hates the Yankees, but he's always a good sport about it. He also shares my recent cravings for Guinness and Jagermeister, so we were peas in a fucking pod.

Despite a few bumps in the road (late babysitter, near-disaster trying to sneak knife into Yankee Stadium), we made it within minutes of Joba's first pitch. I still haven't gotten used to our new season seats, so we kinda wandered around for a while (beer, crappy food, bathroom, ATM, etc.). The section 422 beer stand can't be beat, but I'm already sick of the nearby food options. Rumors were flying around about $9 cans of PBR yesterday-- I'll confirm that another time.

I had just finished explaining how Mark Teixeira sucks to my friend when he clomped a three-run shot. And A-Rod... well, he's on another planet right now. End of the game was totally weird-- they showed A-Rod standing next to Kimberly Jones on the giant screen with pie all over his face. We left the stadium confused and in need of more beer.

Last night was a little Jager, a little beer, and a little more Jager. Not enough food, however. I ate LJ's discarded dinner (chunks of Boca burger and some cheese toast) and then had some pretzels and popcorn. Yikes.

Looks like we're taking the boy to the Philly game next Saturday. More on that next week.

No comments: