Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yankees 12, Rangers 3

Our annual staff trip to Yankee Stadium (40 people) didn't disappoint. We sat waaaaaay out and up in the right field Grandstand (section 405), where the view was actually pretty decent. Got a little drunk and a little noisy, but certainly behaved well within society's norms (except for a moronic argument between me and KumoD about "God Bless America"). A good time was had by all.

I wish I'd heard John Sterling's call of Hideki Matsui's 4th inning dong-- apparently Big John accidentally launched into his "an AAAAA-Bomb..." routine and had to switch to "well, it would have been if A-Rod had hit it..." before properly crediting the homer to Hideki. Unbelievable. Hell, just listen to it here (even with the dumb video).

So I really wanna get some of this old Yankee Stadium swag. I've given up on buying a pair of seats, especially after I found out that they take them apart, clean them, and put a new commemorative frame on them. What's the point?

I do like this sign quite a bit. Note that I've never been thrown out of Yankee Stadium.
This next sign might be kinda cool too-- maybe I'll put in a bid on it.

No comments: